This assignment on the use of Python scripts in the Field Calculator is an extension of the example demonstrated in this technical skills lesson. In the example, only two-year colleges were classified, since the first if statement eliminated four-year institutions. For this assignment, the already demonstrated classification will be used, but in addition, there will be a classification of four-year institutions. Remember four-year colleges offer bachelor and graduate degrees.
- Use the college data set from before
- Create a flowchart of the code discussed in the lesson or create a flowchart of the code for the assignment, note which flowchart is provided.
- Create code for the following classification of four-year institution, keep the technical skills lesson code in the script (modifications of that code may be required depending on the methodology used).
- Check to see if four- year colleges offer classes
- Check to see if four-year colleges offer classes and bachelor degrees but no graduate degrees.
- Check to see if four-year colleges offer classes, bachelor degrees and graduate programs.
- There are some four year colleges that also offer certificates and associate degrees, but those classifications are not required to receive the full credit for the assignment, for those seeking bonus points include all possible parameters for four-year colleges, this will require a greater number of decisions than what was shown in the lesson for two year colleges.
- Provide your instructor with the flowchart, script and a screen capture of part of the attribute table to show the correct writing of data.